Google

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lawyer to Lawyer Letter from Sandy D'Alemberte

Sandy D'Alemberte, a former president of the American Bar Association, is supporting Senator Dan Gelber in the Democratic primary for Attorney General (full disclosure - I am personally friendly with Senator Dave Aronberg, Gelber's opponent in the primary). She sent out an email to Florida lawyers, asking them to support Gelber. The letter touts (among other things) that "though I"m not a big believer in polls and fundraising, Dan has raised more than other candidate in the race, and has been ahead in each poll reported."

I suspect that those polls actually have "undecided" winning and both Aronberg and Gelber running fairly close. I know that Gelber was only marginally ahead in the money race in the last filing - $669,906.50 to $655,750.10 - and that Aronberg actually outraised by my $50k in the last quarter and has a $100,000 cash on hand advantage over Gelber.

But, lest I come across as a shill for Aronberg, let me say that having D'Alemberte actively fundraise for him is a good get by Gelber. I'm not sure what the email universe looked like (I got it from a Republican attorney who has been a family friend for almost 25 years), but this could go a long way towards to giving Gelber a real advantage.

P.S. - Check the new website of the Hillsborough County Budget to follow the budget process.

2 Comments:

At 2/25/2010 10:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever - everyone knows you're just a hack for Rubio

 
At 3/03/2010 05:19:00 PM, Anonymous Campaign Manager said...

Really? Rubio? You think so?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home