Google

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Katherine Harris to Self-Finance Campaign

Sometimes it seems like all the gossip and rumor-mongering about Florida politics has turned into the "Katherine Harris Circus Hour." Well, that hasn't changed, but the landscape has, if only slightly.

I was correct when I predicted that Congresswoman Harris was in the Senate race to stay - but I was way off when I said she would not be self-financing her campaign. I thought that she might sink $1-$2 million into the race, but she has proven us all wrong by announcing that she was prepared to spend $10 million of her own money.

Of course, $10 million essentially brings her to even in the money race, but still down 20 points to Sen. Nelson in the polls. But this makes the race for Senate a lot more interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home